Has it happened to you that you have no idea where you left your phone’s charging cable or the adapter? Or even worse, you connect your phone to the charger to immediately notice that the phone doesn’t charge. You realize that the charging port, the cable, or the adapter are malfunctioning and you just hope it’s not your phone’s charging port.
Well, all these problems can be a thing of the past with a Qi-enabled wireless chager. Wireless chargers provide the most convenient, effective, compact, and secure way to power your smartphone’s battery through state-of-the-art technology. Lightweight and easy to use, they are the best option so that you never run out of battery while protecting your cell phone from wear and tear due to the constant rubbing of the charging pin with your phone’s charging port.
Also, if you are charging your mobile and suddenly receive a call, you can answer like a normal human being, without having it glued to the cable and you crouching or sitting in an awkward position while talking. When you’ve finished the call, just place it back on a small pad and it will immediately start charging again.
Does my Phone Supports Wireless Charging?
Before you can actually start using a wireless charger, you need to make sure your phone supports that technology. So, you’re probably asking yourself, how do I know if my phone has wireless charging? Well, you can find that out in a few different ways. Some of the high-end phones with a glass back usually support wireless charging,
However, to be absolutely sure that your phone supports wireless charging, you can:
- Check the user manual included in the packaging
- Head over to your manufacturer’s website and look up your model
Advantages and Disadvantages of Wireless Charging
Let’s take a look at the positive and negative sides of charging your phone wirelessly, in comparison to wireless charging, and see whether it’s a better alternative.
The advantage of using wireless chargers:
- A lot easier to use than standard wired brick chargers
- Your phone won’t overheat as much
- Lot less volatile to your phone’s battery health compared to ultra-fast wired charging bricks
- Universal Qi wireless charging system
- Minimal wear and tear to your phone’s charging port
Things to Consider Before Buying a Wireless Charger
When deciding to buy a wireless charger, there are some important features you should take into account before buying one. Let’s go over what those features are and how you can make the best decision on what model to buy and which one to avoid.
Price: Buying the most expensive wireless charger doesn’t always guarantee you’d get any extra features or faster charging speed but the price is more often due to build quality and brand so it’s up to you to decide. There are more than enough affordable Qi wireless chargers on Amazon if you don’t feel like spending next to $100.
- Charging speed: Each phone supports a different wireless charging speed. And deepnding on your needs and lifestyle, you may want to find a suitable Qi wireless charger. Some wireless chargers offer fast charging, and powers of 5W, 7.5, 10, and up to 15W. It will depend on the technology of thye charger. The more variety of voltages it supports, the greater its compatibility with different smartphone models.
- Compatibility: The range of devices that can be charged with the device. They usually support all kinds of smartphone manufacturers, but you should always check the compatibility list before buying a wireless charger.
- SIze & Design: When buying a Qi wireless charger one thing to keep in mind are dimensions. If you are are going to use the wireless charger only at home then a bigger, bulkier might not be a problem. On the other hand if you travel a lot, you might want to opt for a sleeker, more elegant design that also features decent charging speed while being compatible with your smartphone model. Some wireless charging platforms can even support more than one phone so you might want to take that into account too.
Top 3 Qi Wireless Chargers on Amazon
Now that we went through the good and bad sides of using a wireless charger, let’s take a look at the current 3 best wireless chargers you can buy on Amazon.
A quick look at our list of the 5 best Qi wireless charges you can currently buy at Amazon:
- AnkeR PowerWave Pad
- RavPower Wireless Charger
- Yootech Wireless Charger 10W
Anker Wireless Charger PowerWave Pad
Made by a reputable brand and being an absolute Amazon best-seller with a 4.4/5 average score out of 107, 421 ratings, the Anker PowerWave Pad is the perfect wireless charger to buy for just $12. It’s compatible with the newest iPhone line-up meaning the 12, 12 mini, and 12 Pro Max, iPhone 11 and 11 Pro, the iPhone SE 2020, newer Galaxy Phones like the S20, and more.
The Anker wireless charger is made with the Qi wireless technology standard in mind meaning it’s universal and it provides 7.5W charging output for iPhones, 10W for Samsung phones that support wireless charging, and 5W for other brands. You can even charge your AirPods. However, it’s not compatible with MagSafe.
- Great Price
- Supports a wide range of iOS and Android devices
- Quality build
- Reliable brand name
Mophie Wireless Charging Pad
The elegant and compact Mophie wireless charging pad will provide you with 15W charging speeds alongside its universal compatibility with smartphones that support Qi wireless charging. Being very lightweight and compact, you can take this one when you travel and it’s good to know that
You can expect to find the Mophie wireless charger on Amazon for around $59 which falls into the expensive chargers category but it’s definitely the fastest, most stylish, and well-built one on our list.
- 15W charging speed
- great quality build with soft material on top instead of plastic
- wire range of compatibility
Yootech Wireless Charger
An easy-to-use Qi-enabled wireless charger with 10W charging speed, the Yootech Qi wireless charger is compatible with the newest iPhones and Samsung smartphones on the market. Just place your phone in the center of the wireless charging platform, and the battery will fill up quickly. An LED indicator will flash for 15 seconds and will turn off when the phone is recognized.
It is made with rubber and plastic materials so that the phones won’t overheat or experience interference in charging. You can find this Qi-enabled wireless charger on Amazon for just $12, making it a great deal for anyone looking to get a wireless charger for their smartphone.
- Great pricing
- Compact design with rubber ring to hold your phone from slipping
- Doesn’t include an AC adapter
- There are faster chargers on the market
Instead of bombarding you with dozens of wireless chargers, we chose to provide enough information on how to choose the right one for you while featuring only three products. We believe these 3 are the current best Qi wireless chargers that offer universal compatibility, decent charging speed, and an affordable price.
With that, we hope we provided enough information to help you choose a Qi charger that suits your need and budget, and don’t forget to visit technoish for the latest news on tech!