Since the start of the NFT craze, people seem to be joining in on the hype and trying to profit by creating and selling NFT artwork. Whether this trend is here to stay and turn into something bigger or disappear in a year from now, the time to act on this lucrative is now.
What to Look for in an NFT Wallet?
The next most important thing after successfully creating NFT is finding a secure NFT wallet to store your artwork on. However, you cannot simply purchase a cryptocurrency and expect to use it for NFTs or vice versa. You’ll need an NFT wallet that supports various cryptocurrencies in order to purchase and hold your tokens aside from the standard currencies like Ether. It’s important to understand which tokens your wallet is compatible with because popular wallets like MetaMask won’t support specific projects.
Friendly User Interface
A lot of people want to be able to use non-fungible tokens but unfortunately, when they try to set up their wallet using a desktop computer, they only find it more complex than they could have imagined. The lack of basic information about the technology means that this issue remains unsolved for now. However, there are few options available for beginners. On mobile devices, however, some users may feel at home from the moment they open the application!
Support for Multiple Devices
It’s crucial to know that not all NFT applications are created equal. Some NFT wallets, like Metamask, for example, can be used across multiple devices and in as many ways as possible. This makes it ideal for anyone who wants to manage their crypto just about anywhere!
Ethereum is the biggest blockchain targeting non-fungible tokens (ERC-721 standard), so it is not surprising that most wallets support these tokens. However, if you want to use another blockchain like Tezos or Binance, you need a wallet that supports cross-chain compatibility or at least the blockchain you want to use.
Top 5 NFT Wallets Currently
Over the past few years, no other blockchain product has caused as much excitement and anticipation amongst founders of emerging currency-based applications than Metamask. This Ethereum wallet provider allows users to connect directly with decentralized applications (dApps). The company behind it, ConsenSys, is backed by the Ethereum Foundation itself.
- Very easy and intuitiveto set up even with little to no knowledge about crypto & NFT
- Synchronized transactions whether you are using the mobile app or the web extension
- Switch between ETH addresses easily.
- Mobile version offers a lot of features like a built-in browser for exploring NFTs
- Mobile app supports direct transfer of standardized ERC-721 tokens
- Native support for exchange between Ethereum-based blockchain tokens
- Mainly compatible with Ethereum and EVM blockchains.
Enjin is a cryptocurrency wallet designed specifically to store blockchain-based virtual items. They also allow users to trade these items in an online marketplace directly within their wallet and can accept payments from dApps with no intermediary bank.
Enjin offers a one-click browser to access many Ethereum-based dApps, such as those used for decentralized finance (DeFi). The project is also in the process of integration that will see it appear on Samsung S10 devices as a built-in blockchain wallet for users.
- Easy and intuitive app interface
- Built-in marketplace for trading NFT game trading
- Offers easy cryptocurrency conversion
- Customer service available
- Security features
- Only available on smartphones
- Only Ethereum-based assets and NFTs are supported by the Enjin app
Math Wallet is a great option if you want to use a web browser or a mobile device to interact with different blockchain networks. It’s easy to set up and it’s built with the user in mind.
It offers native integrations and support for 65 public blockchain networks, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Augur, EOS, Cardano, Tron, IOTA, Stellar, and more. As mentioned, it’s available on mobile devices, as a web browser extension, and as a web wallet for separate blockchain networks.
- Provides native support for large number of blockchains
- Compatibility and synchronization between devices
- You can access NFT and DeFi apps with a single click via the dApp store
- The app includes an exchange feature for exchanging cryptocurrencies.
- Provides integration with ledgers to ensure the safety of any asset stored on the hardware
- A lot of errors and issues since the app is in active development
Trust wallet is a good option for people who want to have more control over their NFT’s. It supports a variety of blockchain platforms and has native integration with several of them. In addition, Trust wallet has a good user interface that makes it easy to use. It also has a large number of users and it offers decentralized exchange with other markets while featuring a native integration with Binance Smart Chain, ThunderToken, GoChain, and more.
- Easy to use with a very intuitive interface
- Supports multiple blockchains
- Functions both as a wallet and a cryptocurrency
- Trust Wallet has a fairly user-friendly interface.
- Built-in cryptocurrency exchange feature
- Easy access to NFT apps
- The app is only available on mobile devices
AlphaWallet is a free Ethereum wallet app that allows you to mint and collect Ethereum-based assets and games. It’s also designed for the casual collector and has support for any Ethereum-based assets and assets-based games.
While AlphaWallet is only available for mobile devices, the website offers open-source tools for developers, artists, and companies that would like to develop their own asset-based games. AlphaWallet is an open-source blockchain wallet for Ethereum.
AlphaWallet is an excellent choice for collectors, especially those who like to play with their collectibles. Because the mobile app is limited to mobile devices, the website offers extensive open source tools for developers, artists, and companies that want to explore other forms of blockchain-based tokenization.
- Easy, intuitive interface
- Native Support for games, tokens and assets based on the Ethereum blockchain
- Built-in browesr for exploring dApps and DeFi apps
- AlphaWallet only supports only Ethereum apps are supported
- Only available on smartphones
Safety Tips for NFT Creators and Collectors
Yes, you can make extra money by investing in “crypto-collectibles” or NFTs. But, in order to protect your investment, remember the following tips:
- Any NFT wallet app should be downloaded either from the official website or Google Play Store and Apple Store
- Always log out of your crypto wallet if you are using a browser extension on your PC
There are hundreds of blockchain applications for trading, mining, and crowdfunding. Each application has its own set of features, security, and safety. The one thing they all have in common is that they are still relatively new. The crypto NFT market is in its infancy, so it’s important to choose a wallet that has already proven itself in this market.